Wednesday, December 10, 2008

GrandMa's All Occasion Sugar Cookies

This weeks TWD recipe is Grandma’s All-Occasion Sugar Cookies. I have a dark secret to confess. I don’t like sugar cookies at Christmas. I realize that this is un-American but I can’t help it. I like my grandmother’s simple drop “tea cakes” with a glass of lemonade on a hot summer day and I like to make pink frosted sugar cookie hearts for Valentines Day but just not at Christmas. But I admit that I ate a couple of these cookies and enjoyed them.

This recipe is easy and straight forward. I had the batter mixed and ready to chill in about 10 minutes. It needed to chill for about two hours. I decided to do the slice and bake method which also made the cookies super easy. I simply sprinkled them with some colored sugar and baked. Thanks Dorie for a tasty and quick cookie recipe.




No comments: