Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Devil's Food White-Out Cake

Finally, the recipe we have all been waiting for, Devil's Food White-Out Cake. This is the cover recipe, the star of the show. It doesn't get any better than this. Rich, moist chocolate cake with a fluffy, marshmallow filling and frosting. This cake does not disappoint. It lives up to its top billing. It tastes great and goes together fairly easily. I'm sure that I will be making this cake again.
I almost used a different frosting for this cake. I was apprehensive about making the frosting for two reasons. One, it seemed a lot like seven minute frosting which I didn't think I liked very much and two, you had to use a candy thermometer and add the boiling mixture to whipped egg whites. I was afraid that this could go very wrong but, the frosting tasted good and wasn't as hard to make as I had feared.
This recipe makes a really beautiful cake. My cake isn't nearly as pretty as the one on the cover but I was pleased with it and it tasted great. Thanks to Stephanie of Confessions of a City Eater for choosing this recipe.


No comments: