Tuesday, December 22, 2009

TWD-My Favorite Pecan Pie

I love pecan pie. Nothing says holiday more than a pecan pie for dessert. But while pecan pie is great it can cross the line and become too sweet and gooey. This recipe combines just the right amount of syrup and sugar for a great pie. The chocolate and cinnamon give it just a little extra zip. I decided not to add the espresso powder and thought that it tasted really good. I also cooked the pie about 10 minutes longer than the recipe called for because runny pecan pie is a faux pas in my humble opinion.

I like to eat pecan pie while it is still warm. The problem with that is you can't get a pretty slice. Oh well, such is life. Thanks to Beth of Someone's in the Kitchen with Brina for choosing this wonderful recipe for this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your pie looks amazing! And warm pecan pie is pretty hard to beat!

I had trouble slicing mine and it was cold! Oh well.:)

Merry Christmas!

Jules Someone said...

Looks delicious! Mmmm. Warm pie.