Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Rum-Drenched Vanilla Cakes

How does Tuesday come around so quickly? Maybe it's just me but I feel like the summer is flying by. Oh well, I plan on enjoying every minute of my time off from school and that includes baking with the Tuesdays with Dorie group. This weeks recipe is Rum-Drenched Vanilla Cakes and it was chosen by Wendy of Pink Stripes.

This is a very nice little cake that has a dense texture. It is very much like a pound cake. After it is baked a syrup of water, sugar and rum is poured over it. Sitting overnight makes it flavorful, moist and wonderful. I think that it would great served with some fresh berries.



7 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cake look delicious! I had mine with fresh berries and whipped cream and it was wonderful!

Madam Chow said...

This cake was wonderful, and yours looks lovely!

Paula said...

Your cake sliced up very nicely. I agree that this would be wonderful with fruit.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

I like the idea of fruit added also.

Nice looking cake.

Tia said...

picture perfect!

TeaLady said...

Would be a perfect base for some fruit. But it was good alone too.

Lovely picture.

Susan said...

Your cake looks delicious! I made mine with hazelnut syrup and Nutella. :)