Monday, September 13, 2010

Banana Upside-Downer



I have been part of the Tuesdays with Dorie group for almost two years. I love the thrill of making a new recipe every week. There is one thing that I rarely do though, I very seldom change anything about the recipe. I usually don't even make the variation of the recipe. I just like to get a feel for the recipe before I change things around. Yes, I'm boring like that. This week I put all of that aside and got a little crazy. Woo hoo. I couldn't find cranberries and I didn't want another peach dessert so I decided to use bananas.





I was very happy with the changes. I also added walnuts for crunch. Bananas, walnuts, and the cinnamon cake made a great flavor combination. Sometimes change can be good. Thanks to Sabrina of Superfluous for picking this recipe.









10 comments:

Peggy said...

Sharon I would never have thought to use bananas with this cake but I am sure it was delicious. We loved this recipe and there are so many variations you could choose. I think yours looks very delicious.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A brilliant idea! I think I would love this cake with bananas too!

Hindy said...

Bananas and walnuts - how awesome! All you need is a little chocolate ice cream.

Cindy said...

Great choice, it looks beautiful.

Flourchild said...

Oh yum ..now Im thinking I need ot make this again with the banana version! It looks incredible!!

Tia said...

ooh, yum! caramelly baked bananas with nuts. That's genious! I did a White Peach version.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

I've never been a banana fan, but it all sounds incredible!! You might have turned me around! :)

Jeannette said...

WOw, banana sounds like such a great alternative for those banana lovers out there! almost like banana cake/bread but with actual pieces of banana to munch on. great variation!

Anonymous said...

Banana sounds wonderful. I may have to make it again so that I can try that!

Beth said...

I wouldn't have thought to use bananas, but it sounds like a great combination. It's amazing how many different variations there are!