Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TWD Vanilla Ice Cream Tart


Jessica of Domestic Deep Thought of the Day is the host of this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie and her pick was Coffee Ice Cream Tart.  I'm not a big fan of coffee ice cream so I went with vanilla ice cream. Kinda of plain and safe I know, but boy was it good. The tart crust is made with almonds and brown sugar and the combination with the melted chocolate was yummy.  I did add a tablespoon of kahlua to kick it up just a bit. I will definitely be making this again, it will be great for summer.  Thanks Jessica.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Beautiful! Vanilla and Kahlua sound great together! And you're right, this is a great recipe to try again this summer! Thanks for baking with me!

Nicole said...

Vanilla ice cream and almonds sound great and not plain at all! Your tart looks really good!

Cindy said...

I also went with vanilla ice cream. It was one delicious tart.