Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Basic Marbled Loaf Cake


This weeks recipe for Tuesday's with Dorie is Basic Marbled Loaf Cake and Dorie suggests that we get creative. So, I admit it. I'm boring. Dorie gives us full permission to go all out, mix it up, and guess what? I make basic marbled loaf cake just plain chocolate and vanilla. But hey, it's good. I liked the chocolate swirl the best. I think that it would be great served with ice cream and a little chocolate sauce. I can't wait to see what flavors the other bakers come up with. Thanks to Carol from The Bake More or picking this recipe.



6 comments:

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Such pretty marbling! :)

Cindy said...

Nothing wrong with chocolate and vanilla! You have one awesome swirl. Love it.

Unknown said...

Your marbling has artistic flair!

Nicole said...

Chocolate and vanilla is classic and nothing to be sorry about. I made the peppermint version, which looks exactly like yours.

The Bake More said...

Nothing wrong with chocolate and vanilla, that is combination I picked. Thanks for baking with me this week. --- Carol

Flourchild said...

WHo needs to go all out when your marbling looks like that! Great looking cake!