Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Banana Coconut Ice Cream Pie

Spike of spike.bakes picked Banana Coconut Ice Cream Pie for this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie. I love ice cream pies and this is a good one. The coconut shortbread crust is awesome. The crust would be good with just about any flavor of ice cream.

The recipe calls for chocolate ice cream but I'm not a big fan of bananas and chocolate together so, I decided to use plain vanilla ice cream. Dorie warned that using vanilla ice cream would produce a slightly off color filling. The banana, ice cream, and rum mixture did turn a sort of pinkish color but it tasted divine.

I served it with whipped cream, a little chocolate syrup, and some crumbled cookie crumbs. The banana that I had reserved for topping the finished pie somehow disappeared. My hubby later owned up to having it for an afternoon snack. Oh well, The pie still tasted great.



3 comments:

Hindy said...

This pie seems to have pleased everyone. Yours looks delicious!

natalia said...

Ciao ! Wonderful looking pie !

Tia said...

nice job!!! happy twding :)