Tuesday, December 2, 2008

TWD Linzer Sables

This weeks recipe was Linzer Sable cookies. These cookies are nutty, slightly spicy, stacked and filled with raspberry jam. They are easy to make and taste delicious. On the first batch I rolled the dough out to about 1/4 of an inch thickness and used a 2 1/2 inch cookie cutter. The second ones I rolled out a little thinner and used a 2 inch cookie cutter. I preferred the smaller cookies but both tasted great.



These cookies are a great start to the Christmas baking season. They will make great gifts and also look great on a cookie tray. I plan on making these again soon.








2 comments:

Danielle said...

Your cookies look great! I agree they are a great start to the baking season.

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Perfection! I guess we can't fight the holiday cookie season with Dorie. ;)