Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Brioche Plum (Peach) Tart

Denise of Chez Us picked Brioche Plum Tart for this weeks Tuesdays with Dorie. The tart has a bottom layer of slightly sweet brioche topped with a layer of jam and and fresh fruit. It is then sprinkled with a mixture of almonds and sugar. I changed things a little by using peaches and peach jam just because it was what I had on hand. The peaches, jam and almonds made a pretty tasty mixture. I only wish that I had used the foil tent about five minutes earlier because the crust got a little browner than I would have liked. This would be very nice for breakfast or brunch.


2 comments:

Hindy said...

You didn't have a gooey mess in the middle like I did. Well done!

TeaLady said...

It looks great. I like the idea of the peaches rather than plums.