Monday, June 29, 2009

Perfect Party Cake

I just want to celebrate. This weeks Tuesdays with Dorie recipe is Perfect Party Cake. I have been wanting to make this cake since I first got the book and it did not disappoint. It is a great cake. It doesn't rise a lot but I liked that because it made it very easy to work with. And did I tell you that I made butter cream!!! I read the recipe about 20 times before I started. I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome. I have overcome my fear of butter cream. Thanks to Carol of mix, mix… stir, stir for choosing this recipe.




4 comments:

Jessica said...

It looks like such a lovely, very Southern, cake. The pictures of the cake on the stand are beautiful. I love how fluffy and gorgeous your coconut looks!

Jules Someone said...

That came out so well! And I love the cake stand. Nice job.

Leslie said...

It looks wonderful! How fantastic that you conquered your fear of buttercream!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Congratulations! Your cake is lovely. (And so is the cake stand).