Tuesday, June 2, 2009

TWD Cinnamon Squares

I was very undecided about this weeks recipe for Tuesdays with Dorie. I am not a fan of cinnamon and chocolate together so I thought that I might sit this one out. Last night I decided since I had all the ingredients and it seemed quick and easy to prepare I might as well go ahead and make it. Everything is simply whisked together. It didn't even require bringing out the mixer.


This cake does require using several mixing bowls. I have a thing for sets of mixing bowls. I just can't resist them. These Pyrex ones belonged to my grandmother and are my favorites.


My squares didn't turn out all that pretty. The chocolate sunk to the bottom and the spice layer just sort of blended into the rest of the cake. That didn't matter they tasted pretty darn good. The chocolate icing was a nice compliment for the spicy cake. They are really good with a cup of coffee. Thanks to Tracey of Tracey’s Culinary Adventures for choosing this recipe.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for baking with me this week! I'm so glad you decided to make the squares and that you enjoyed them. I love when a recipe surprises me by being better than I expect :)

Anonymous said...

I love that you have your grandmother's Pyrex bowls.
I'm glad you decided to make this one, your Cinnamon Cake looks delish!

TeaLady said...

Those look really good.